The iPhone 6 Plus is a biggie, great for binge watching your latest guilty pleasure on Netflix and playing that game you just can’t figure out how to quit, but all that fun drains the battery and leaves little left over for important stuff, like taking selfies with tacos and reading trashy websites in the bathroom at work. If this describes your life, and you have an iPhone 6 Plus, check out the Stalion Stamina case for iPhone 6 Plus and add another “Plus” to your Plus.
This case is awesome. It carries enough power to charge your iPhone 6 Plus from 0 to 100% in the time it takes you to figure out what you want for dinner. It’s rugged enough to assist in a fight, and it beats the pants off of its pricier competitor, the Mophie iPhone 6 Plus Juice Pack by having both more battery power and costing fewer dollars.
The case is sturdy, easy to put on, and it keeps the phone going all day long. The iPhone 6 Plus has a 2,915mAh battery, so adding another 4,000mAh is like adding a complete full charge and then some. The case’s charging mechanism is so easy to activate anyone with a finger can use it – just press the power button on the case to turn it on (or off).
We love it because:
- LED lights on the case indicate how much juice is left in the case’s battery
- Durable body protects phone if you drop it
- 4,000 mAh carries over one full charge for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple Certified (so you know it’s not junky or harmful to your phone)
- 2 year warranty
- You can charge your phone without removing it from the case
- Fast charging – a little slower than 1% a minute
- Automatically stops charging phone at 100%
- Power button must be held for 2 seconds (and then released) to start the charging. This helps prevent accidental activation.
- Doesn’t overheat or overcharge phone
But here’s some stuff we don’t like so much:
- The case itself takes 7-8 hours to charge from empty to full
- Adds quite a bit of weight to the phone
- Audio adapter (included) is yet another short cable to keep track of
How battery phone cases work
Basically, you insert your phone into the battery case and use the phone as you normally do. Using the phone consumes battery power as normal, but instead of searching for a wall outlet when it’s time to recharge your phone, you just activate the case. Assuming the case has a charge, your phone charges from the case’s reserves. It’s like having two batteries!
Stalion Stamina vs. Mophie iPhone 6 Plus Juice Pack
Mophie is an old name with hordes of loyal followers, but we think the Stalion Stamina is better for its significant increase in battery power over the Mophie case. (Also, Stalion Stamina is just an obviously great name.) The Stalion Stamina is thinner, less expensive (about half the price), and offers way more battery power – 4,000mAh (one full charge) vs. the Mophie’s 2,600mAh (a little less than a full charge).
Winner: Stalion Stamina, for more battery power at a lower price point
Stalion Stamina vs. Trianium Atomic S iPhone 6 Plus Battery Case
This comparison is a bit tighter thanks to the Trianium Atomic S case matching the Stalion’s battery power (4,000mAh on both cases, in case you forgot that number already). The Trianium is a bit pricier than the Stalion Stamina, but thanks to the included microUSB you can charge both the case and the phone via microUSB, potentially saving you some cash on having to buy an extra Lighting charge cable from Apple.
Winner: Tie, but the Stalion Stamina will keep about $10 more in your pocket
The Stalion Stamina is our favorite iPhone 6 Plus case. It’s got all right stuff in all the right places:big battery, small price, and the fact that it comes in THREE AMAZING COLORS (black, grey, and silver!) makes it the indisputable ruler of iPhone 6 battery cases.
Stalion Stamina iPhone 6 Plus Battery Case
- Slimmer than some competitor cases
- Longer or same battery life as competitors
- LED lights to indicate case charge
- Charges phone quickly
- Charge via micro USB
- Headphone adapter required
- Slow case charging